Sunday, July 25, 2010

20/20

I have never written about this. Not on a blog, or in writing. Nor have I ever really spoken about it to an audience this small or large. I say that because maybe only two or three people are going to actually take the time to read this, however, I'm publishing it on the internet which the whole world could read if they wanted. It's not a big deal, but I realized I have never said much about it except for small talk with friends and co-workers. My eyes.
You want to know how I really feel about them? I'll tell you. I'll talk about what I hate, what I love and so on. If you know me well, you know why my eyes are different. They are different colors. To some people (i.e. customers, new friends, friends of friends), it's crazy. To some it is awkward and some just think it's cool. Oh, and every now they are pretty to some people...but whatev.

What I Like.
-I like that it sets me apart.
-I honestly like what it says on my drivers license about them.
-I like when people accept the fact that they are different colors and don't ask too many questions.
- I like when people know about my eyes but just don't recognize it anymore (:

What I do not like.
-Customers asking prolonged questions making it uncomfortable.
-People telling other people to look at them and therfore forcing me to look in there eyes (usually strangers) while they look at mine and yeah...weird.
-People constantly thinking I have some sort of vision problem.
-When people want to see what my drivers license looks like. I have honestly done this multiple times.
-Customers start by saying: I don't mean to be rude but.... or Can I ask you a personal question?

All the above are just awkward. I honestly am not sensitive about people talking about them. However, some people just ask some awkward questions and make the whole situation unpleasant. I am proud of them, but mostly depending on the person, it can be an awkward situation. Some people make really cool conversations and I have a great time talking to them about it. It's fun, and I leave the conversation with no feeling of awkwardness whatsoever.
One customer at Copies Plus came into pick up two different posters. One was blue/purple while the other was purple/blue. He complained about the color difference and asked me If I noticed. They were obviously different in color, and I told him they were two different files, therfore the color on each one will vary according to the file. He then proceeded to ask if he thought that the problem with the posters had something to do with my vision. I was confused for a second. "What do you mean Alan?" (he's a regular, so I knew him by name). "Oh you know...your eyes."
In my head "HAHA!". I was laughing out loud, inside. I hadto keep a straight face. It humors me sometimes what people say.
I am totally one hundred percent cool with my eyes. I am not sensitive about them at all, but if you make the situation prolonged and awkward, well, that's different.
In writing this, I hope I don't sound boastfull. I can see how that could be taken that way, but my main goal was to write it down. Put down my feelings that I guess I have never really published.

*One more thing to add to the 'What I do not like' list.
- "Oh! My friends dog has eyes just like yours!"

Hahaha....uhm. Thanks?

3 comments:

Jose Valle said...

I would trade your eyes for the two belly buttons I have.

Erin Dougal said...

Gross dad. Not something you post on the internet.

jay valle said...

My dad does not have to belly buttons. Holy cow...