Friday, September 10, 2010

How Children Fail

I am on here not knowing what to type, only knowing that I promised to blog whilst I was eating my dinner. Speaking of dinner, holy cow. I don't know what it was but it was from heaven. Something like steaming italian sausage, with whole wheat penne, fresh parmesan cheese and a handful full of vegetables and herbs straight from our garden. Seriously. So friends, it's less than one month. I'm sure you are sick of hearing about my mission by now. For the sake of you, I will not blog about it in this entry anymore. But I mind you...less than one month. (!) New topic.

This the latest design. By no means am I a graphic designer...but I sure enjoy it. Every once and a while I will attempt to do some "designing" and just have fun. I have always been fascinated with this. This in one in particular was for my lovely aunt Silvia Hope, and her upcoming cake business. She is great at it too! Take a look at some of her work.

Like I was saying, I have always been fascinated by how manipulative design can be. Maybe it is because design, has always been manipulative to ME. I will stop and look at anything with good design and drool. Gross. But seriously, I once read a statement in an interview I read that I completely agreed with. It went..err...something like this. 'I believe that people buy into art. If the packaging is good enough, people will buy it.' So true.


One time, while being super nerdy and awaiting the release of a fictional teen's novel at Barnes and Nobles at midnight, me and my best friend found something marvelous. A tin can of herbal mint tea. It was so cool looking! And for some reason, I felt like buying. The tea probably would have been just as great as the kind you can find at your local grocer. That could be a problem. However, I would consider myself a pretty frugal guy. So....no worries. Other things I like?

Wine.
I love drinking wine. Gotcha! K, No seriously, wine bottles are beautiful. I don't drink wine, but it sure looks great! And trust me, the packaging will never convince me to purchase any. Just a sample. Ooooo.

Coffee...stuff.
I love drinking coffee. Gotcha...again. I don't drink coffee either...but everything about the packaging on coffee looks so comfy and fresh. I mean, even this silly napkin.

Book Covers.
I love drinking book covers. Sorry, I had to. Some book covers, ok, most book covers are hideous. But some are fantastic! Everything on this page is soo nice. I would own every one of those if I could. Mmmmmmmm. Definitely judging a book by it's cover. I especially enjoy 'How Children Fail' and 'Wildlife in Britain'. Maybe you can find them. Hahaha.

Tasty.

No comments: